DSM: Re: RE: state subsidy

From: morticia crone (medea9mac@surfeu.de)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2001 - 10:49:33 EST

But Joe,
what this is really about is that SVS simply isn't accessible to everyone
who is like-minded. even if Fairhaven has a good financial support system,
not all SVS schools do, for whatever reasons.

why don't the schools work on getting a _wide-open charter school policy_ as
is possible in Oregon?

you good people are doing what you can - starting good schools to do good
things, but really your (generally speaking) position on tuition is the same
as the SVS-minded good folk who work within the public school system: they
do what they can within a system that isn't perfect. see the parallel? the
fact that hundreds of USD are needed to run the SVS schools shuts out plenty
of people, whether this is the case with your particular school or not.

_I, for one, am not interested in taking public money for the operation
of Fairhaven. I don't want to ever be in a situation where the public
or the government have a stake or say in the operation of our school,
and legally, accepting public money gives it to them._

i question whether this is an absolute truth. in fact i seriously doubt it.

mort~