DSM: state subsidy

From: morticia crone (medea9mac@surfeu.de)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 16:52:57 EST

there is a svs school near cottage grove, oregon which is subsidized by the state. this means no tuition. no 1,453.13 dollars a month for my three kids. how did they manage this? this isn't capitulation. this is maintaining the model and at the same time making it accessible. not a bad idea if you ask me. are other svs schools interested in state support? if there were then no doubt a helluva lot more kids would have a chance of attending. it's not a question of enuf drive or desire or determination that gets parents to scrape up the dough. the tuition prices may seem quite fair to those of you involved in running a svs school, but for some on the outside looking in, the tuition may as well be iron bars 'cause there's little hope that we could afford it before our kids don't need it anymore.

-morti