re[4]: DSM: democratic classroom

From: Karen Locke (villagespecialed@charter.net)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 11:17:43 EST

Dear folks,
Our school (Village School of Northfield) is running into problems with
insuring kids to do "nonschool" things at school-particularly
skateboarding. Kids love to skateboard, but the insurance company said it's
so high risk that they would drop us if we ever had a claim due to a
skateboard accident. So we''ve banned skateboarding, not wanting to lose
our insurance.
What do schools out there do? Can kids skateboard at your school? Does
your insurance company know? If there are better insurance companies out
there we'd like names or we could e-mail outside this list.

Thanks,Karen Locke