Re: DSM: Thoughts on Tuition Structure

Date: Mon Nov 19 2001 - 20:21:03 EST

Hey Mimsy...

I agree with you that it's not really the place for /anyone/, let alone people
outside of our own community, to be talking about our school's tuition over. I
think it was ludicris anyone brought up the subject here in the first place,
since the mailing-list certinly isn't about things like a schools money - but I
don't blame people for meddling, I think most just can't help themselves. ;)

   --Jesse M.

> I said to myself that I wasn't going to write about this subject. After all,
> this maillist is not going to make any decisions. But after reading the
> latest writings, I cannot contain myself.
> You have a school in which a lot of people over a great many years have
> worked on figuring out a reasonable tuition policy. (That policy was
> re-confirmed by a large piece of the Assembly only last spring, after the
> School's Trustees worked on it during the year. That policy is also _always_
> up for re-deciding. And Dawn is one of the re-deciders, as is Scott, as is
> Myla, and Alison, and Leslie.
> But for people who are not, in any way, connected with the school, to
> suddenly start giving advice, as if we were all born yesterday, seems
> strangely out of place. Am I alone feeling this way?
> Mimsy

This message was sent from the Sudbury Valley School.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO (do NOT reply to the mailing list) with the following