DSM: RE: RE: Teens just want to be alone?

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Sat Nov 17 2001 - 11:59:05 EST

Thanks Joe for giving your thoughts on that.
>From the time I first got into a long discussion with Mimsy on the topic
of the role of parents at Sudbury schools I have been wondering how
things worked in practice. Not that I am any clearer on this now, nor
that this issue would be stable. But I always did worry about how the
school's culture would be affected by the opinions of people like Mimsy
and whether her thoughts were being reflected in the teens or the other
way round.

Although, of course Sudbury Valley is a pure democracy where, since
everyone is free, no one's thoughts are influenced by others unless they
have consiously chosen to be so influenced. Right?

Liz