Re: DSM: What if....?

From: Ardeshir Mehta, N.D. (ardeshir@sympatico.ca)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 17:06:37 EST

Hi Joe:

I was being just a bit facetious.

Yes, of course, creativity is a plus in many jobs. But -- having
worked myself for the government (in India) and seeing my wife
work for the government (in Canada), and having known others
who work for big private firms, I see that the vast majority of
people who work for any big organisation are expected to be
far less creative than they could be. (My wife is a huge excep-
tion: and the problem is, that she spends a great deal of her time
correcting her colleagues' mistakes.)

Let me give you an example. My son Cyrus, when he was ten
or thereabouts, devised a method for detecting stealth aircraft.
I am an inventor myself, besides being a writer, and know how
to write up an invention; so I wrote it up and published it on my
Web page (URL given below). I was at the time having some
e-correspondence with a chap from Lockheed, and I sent him
the info, thinking maybe he'd bring it to the attention of the re-
levant people there (Lockheed being the company that pretty
much invented stealth in America). No reply. That was some
years ago. And I see that now the biggest armaments contract
of all time has been awarded to Lockheed for -- what else? --
a stealth fighter: which, if my son's invention works -- and I
for one can't see why it wouldn't -- would be obsolete even
before it hits the runway! (This, by the way, is how YOUR
tax dollars are being spent.)

You can check out my son's invention yourself at:

<http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/Anti-StealthTechnology.pdf>.

Best wishes,

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/AllMyFiles.html>

PS: what does "UCMJ" mean?