Re: DSM: textbook question

From: Romey Pittman (dodon@erols.com)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2001 - 08:31:33 EST

Hi Everyone

Romey from Fairhaven here. I finally got my email screens reconfigured so that demstartup isn't screened out (duh!). Anyway, I assume everyone out there gets Title VI funds, no? Its federal money for textbooks and library supplies, and now a whole lot more, that, at least in MD is distributed through county boards of education. We get abut $400 per year from that. Maryland also has a non-public schools textbook program where we've gotted a couple of thousand bucks to spend on "textbooks". The paperwork is outrageous, but we have gooten a lot of nice books out of it, mostly not textbooks. The only textbooks we've found useful are math and foriegn language, and some xeroxable workbooks in realy reading/writing stuff. I actually used a literature text to teach a literature class, just to copy good stories out of. But mostly the kids never touch 'em.

Romey