RE: DSM: textbook question

From: Alan or Laura Gabelsberg (argable@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 19:41:36 EST

Mimsy & Group,

We got some good answers to our textbook questions. Thanks to everyone! I
forwarded all of the responses to our founder's yahoo group Most textbooks
are worthless in my opinions also - even the new ones. A nice calculator, a
pad a graph paper, and a 10 cent ruler is where I would go with algebra -
but that's just my preference. We ended up going to the local teacher
supply store and purchasing an inexpensive workbook. So far it has sat on
the table at school completely untouched. We'll keep you posted though. It
might end up with a thick layer of dust before anyone uses it or it may
never get used at all or I could be way off base and our student could start
working his way through it at breakneck speed tomorrow. We'll keep you
updated on that...All was democratically decided as far as I could tell in
our last meeting. Thanks for the support and cost-effective advice. We
plan to follow many of the suggestions given.

Laura
Brazos Valley Sudbury