Re: DSM: textbook question

From: Msadofsky@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 18:26:25 EST

Laura,

I don't know if you got reasonable answers to your textbook question; my
brain is still too fried from Japan to remember past twenty minutes ago.

But, basically, my opinion is textbooks are not where it is at. Yes, for
helping kids learn algebra they are very convenient, but local area schools
should have some cast-offs for you, or people should have some lying around
their houses.

Textbooks are the most boring ways to study most subjects, and no kids choose
them. So let the needs bubble up, try to find the resources for free or
cheaply, and then if you can't, you can figure out how to purchase them.

You would be amazed at how few textbooks there are at SVS. How very few!

Mimsy