RE: DSM: democratic classroom

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 04:04:42 EST

> I'm not speaking for Candy, but perhaps you just did it.

Well, if "Rank ordering" means differentiating between democratic
schools and non-democratic ones, then I don't see what's wrong with
rank-ordering, since by that definition everyone here differentiates
between what they think is and isn't effective.

I thought rank-ordering means a list with something at the top,
something under that, something under that, etc. I don't do that, to me
the staff and students have final say over running the school or it's
not even on my "list" of something I want to be involved in.

Once again, that may sound snooty to some, and it may be a turnoff, but
I just don't care because that's what I think.

-Joe