Re: DSM: seduced by resources

From: Isabel (isblcsy@mediaone.net)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 22:48:10 EST

Mike,

Thanks for your response to my post. I'm disappointed I didn't get more
feedback but I am enjoying the current threads.

I agree that freedom and respect are more important than 25 digital cameras.
I am also totally in agreement with the Sudbury philosophy. I just wish the
gap wasn't so large. Our local SV school is quite poor. Teachers make way
less than teachers elsewhere. When extra money comes in (from donations or
fundraisers) it goes to rent, salaries and scholarships. There isn't much
left over for woodworking or darkroom equipment.
I'm sure this is actually quite common especially with SV start-ups.

 ...and Martin asked

>What does your son think?<

He wants to go to a school where he can decide what to do with his body and
time, so he will start the sudbury school after winter break.

Isabel