Re: re[2]: DSM: democratic classroom

From: Alan Klein (Alan@klein.net)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 14:08:48 EST

Scott,

I agree that "any traditional classroom" is decidedly NOT democratic. I
would not agree that no classroom in a traditional school (broadly defined)
can be, at least in its own bailiwick, democratic (or "almost democratic" as
I have been phrasing it). Did you mean to focus on the school or on the
classrooms within the school?

BTW, I agree with you that intentions are not the final arbiter here, but
rather actions.

~Alan Klein