Re: DSM: Startup funding (was: Almost Democracy

From: Kai von Fintel (fintelk@mac.com)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 13:31:38 EST

At 12:59 PM -0500 11/6/01, Mike Sadofsky wrote:

>I am quite certain that Dan Greenberg's writing in "Announcing ..." is
>quite precise and accurate. But the fact is that these numbers did
>not indicate wealth in 1968 and don't do so now. Perhaps that's the
>issue.

Just FYI: $40,000 in 1968 corresponds to about $200,000 in today's
dollars. You can do such calculations at
http://www.cjr.org/resources/inflater.asp

Since the money came from more than one family, it probably does not
indicate independent wealth, whatever that means.

  -- Kai.

--
Kai von Fintel                                               E39-245
Department of Linguistics & Philosophy       77 Massachusetts Avenue