RE: How We Come Off to Others (was RE: re[2]: DSM: democratic classroom)

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 17:47:56 EST

> There's no reason this model should
> not explode upon
> the world - our kids, with their freedom and their skills,
> put the lie to
> all the objections and all the claims of coercive schools.

I had to chuckle at this one. My bet is by the time your kids are
having kids of their own there will be an all-new and even better
*model* out there and people will say, "Oh yeah, that old-fashioned
Sudbury thing, those people just thought they were giving children true
freedom, but they were just promoting another type of brainwashing. As
though a model based on the US justic system is going to give children
some kind of freedom! Those schools were just put together by some
grown-ups with good intentions who just thought they knew better than
the kids how they should learn! To understand freedom you have to send
your kids to such-and-such a place, that is where you will find the
truly best model to have kids grow up in!"

Such is the Zeitgeist.

Liz