RE: How We Come Off to Others (was RE: re[2]: DSM: democratic classroom)

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (
Date: Mon Nov 05 2001 - 17:47:56 EST

> There's no reason this model should
> not explode upon
> the world - our kids, with their freedom and their skills,
> put the lie to
> all the objections and all the claims of coercive schools.

I had to chuckle at this one. My bet is by the time your kids are
having kids of their own there will be an all-new and even better
*model* out there and people will say, "Oh yeah, that old-fashioned
Sudbury thing, those people just thought they were giving children true
freedom, but they were just promoting another type of brainwashing. As
though a model based on the US justic system is going to give children
some kind of freedom! Those schools were just put together by some
grown-ups with good intentions who just thought they knew better than
the kids how they should learn! To understand freedom you have to send
your kids to such-and-such a place, that is where you will find the
truly best model to have kids grow up in!"

Such is the Zeitgeist.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at