RE: DSM:

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 19:54:51 EST

> Keep in mind that up until about ten or twelve years ago,
> there was only
> Sudbury Valley. All of these other schools have sprung up and/or
> migrated to the Sudbury model in a very short period of time.
>
> -Joe

Yes,
but there were plenty of Summerhill type free schools around back in the
early seventies. Those have now gone. It is difficult to judge if
things are now moving further along or if they are only catching up to
where things were back then. From the Southern California perspective,
things are still going downhill.

Thank God for Unschoolers! In fact the rather large number of
unschoolers I've found has basically removed any desire I had to try and
start a school.

Liz