Re: DSM: Hello ( real message )

From: André Sanchez (andrergs@ig.com.br)
Date: Sun Oct 05 2025 - 03:41:03 EDT

    Hello Morticia,

        Super english? I didn't know that my english was "super". But
answering your question, the reason I know english so well is that when I
was younger ( about 10 years old ) I watched a few american Sitcoms ( with
subtitles ) and from time to time, the subtitles didn't work. So, I started
to pay more attention to what they said, instead of relying only on the
subtitles and that made me start connecting what was happening in the show
with what was being said. After some time, I started watching CNN, and the
lack of subtitles forced me to advance my english enough to understand them.
The Internet and a few good computer games also helped me improve my
english, and more recently books.
        Practice is the right word to describe how I learned english. But I
don't think it's super english.

André Sanchez