Re: DSM: Hello ( real message )

From: Amanda Phillips (amanda42@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 20:38:35 EDT

Hello Andre,

Thank you for sharing your story. I, too, am sad because I never had the
opportunity to go to a school like Sudbury Valley. How different my life
would have been! But I'm finding that even though I didn't have a school
like SudVal, I had myself, and that is the most important thing. I, too,
left school because I knew it wasn't right for me. Although I have no degree
and not even a high school diploma, I am now an accounting manager of a
group of six people. I learned everything I know on my own, and I know you
can, too. So when you figure out what it is that you want to do with the
rest of your life (or even for just the next few years), you should feel
confident that you will be able to succeed based on your own efforts.

You seem very bright, and I'm happy to hear that at such an early age you
are taking charge of your own life and doing what is best for you. You
should be proud.

Perhaps the answer to "What are you going to do with your life?" might
include starting a Sudbury school in Brazil! :)

Amanda
http://www.liberty5-3000.com