DSM: Fw: Attachment Parenting International Update

From: Holly L McHaelen (whoopskaboom@juno.com)
Date: Sun Sep 30 2001 - 19:51:16 EDT

I received this as part of a mailing from Attachment Parenting
International, www.attachmentparenting.org, and wanted to share it. The
words are different, but it said "Sudbury" to me.
--Holly McHaelen (Mtn. Laurel Sudbury founders group)
"If we are to reach real peace in this world and if we are to carry on a
real war against war, we shall have to begin with children; and if they
will grow up in their natural innocence, we won't have to struggle; we
won't have to pass fruitless idle resolutions, but we shall go from love
to love and peace to peace, until at last all the corners of the world
are covered with that peace and love for which consciously or
unconsciously the whole world is hungering." --Mahatma Gandhi

Also, Rick Stansberger (on Demstartup) raised the issue of child trauma
[specifically a child who had witnessed a murder at school], this site
may offer some resources regarding such cases, as well as trauma stemming
from the terrorist attacks:
API Advisory board member and psychiatrist, Dr. Bruce Perry, has written
some extremely helpful articles and guidelines for parents, caregivers,
teachers, children and youth that are available on his website. These
should be shared with those you know and love and are available at
www.childtrauma.org