DSM: *Virus Warning*

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Sat Aug 25 2001 - 18:35:16 EDT

Folks,

I regret that Fairhaven's computers have apparently been infected with a
virus which reproduced itself by sending messages to all of our address book
recipients, whose computers likely repeat the operation. This activity has
occured in the last 24 hours, and I have frantically worked over the night
to identify the problem.

The virus is an internet worm called W32.Magistr.24876@mm.

Please do not open executable files attached to incoming emails (like files
ending with .exe, .com, .scr, .att) from Fairhaven School (or for that
matter from anyone).

Please disregard any emails containing text unrelated to you, this is a
symptom of the virus.

If you would like to learn more about the W32.Magistr.24876@mm or in the
unfortunate event that you received email from Fairhaven over the last 24
hours, inadvertently opened the attachment and your computer is infected, a
definitive description and antidote can be found at:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.magistr.24876@mm.html

I am extremely sorry for any inconvenience.

Yours,

Joe Jackson