Re: DSM: decisions, decisions!

From: Amanda Phillips (amanda42@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 08:15:36 EDT

>My worry is whether the child would be too far _ahead_ socially. I recall
>somewhere noting that kids did go from SVS to public school successfully,
>but I
>would think it difficult for students who became accustomed to running
>their own
>lives to go back to the controlling environment of the public school
>systems.

Yes, if you take someone who has been free their whole life and put them in
a prison, they will be too far ahead socially compared to those in the
prison.

This doesn't mean, of course, that you should put the free person in prison
from the beginning just so he'll be able to get along with everyone else in
the prison. It means you should get those other people out of the prison in
the first place, and you shouldn't even consider sending the free person
in.

Cheers,
Amanda