Re: DSM: decisions, decisions!

From: Christopher Weeks (
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 05:09:14 EDT

christy taylor wrote:

> am particularly interested to know what happened to anyone who may have
> attended for a period of time and then, for whatever reason, went back to
> the public school system. Is this even possible? Would the child be too far
> behind in terms of meeting the curriculum requirements?

My worry is whether the child would be too far _ahead_ socially. I recall
somewhere noting that kids did go from SVS to public school successfully, but I
would think it difficult for students who became accustomed to running their own
lives to go back to the controlling environment of the public school systems.

But if I had that option, I'd send my son (and future kids) in a second. I think
the value far outweighs the risk. But heck, I'm weighing the possibilities of
uprooting the family and moving north five hours so that SVS is available.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at