DSM: decisions, decisions!

From: christy taylor (taylor3@bmts.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 21:44:27 EDT

I am living in an area of south western Ontario that has a school based on
the SVS model opening in a few short weeks. Although everything in me
screams to send my child, I am still apprehensive and afraid to make this
decision. I would love to hear from anyone and everyone who has attended the
school from students to parents. Please let me know of your experiences. I
am particularly interested to know what happened to anyone who may have
attended for a period of time and then, for whatever reason, went back to
the public school system. Is this even possible? Would the child be too far
behind in terms of meeting the curriculum requirements? I only ask this
because I can never predict my future and if I had to move from this area,
there would be no other school like this in Ontario. I am sure that I will
have more specific questions as time goes on but for now I thank anyone who
can help ease my mind or soothe me with words of encouragement!