DSM: RE: RE: RE: free school definition

From: Alan or Laura Gabelsberg (argable@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 17:04:14 EDT

I guess that is true. A "free school" does mean different things to
different people as evidenced by how different some free schools are from
one another out there. I am still learning about all of this.

FYI - our little Houston group is growing steadily. We've had our 3rd
meeting and our group of "founders" is beginning to make itself known. There
are about 5 or 6 of us, plus the twenty to thirty or so people who have
directly contacted us expressing an interest - it's too early to tell how
serious they are. We are conducting a group survey this month with
questions about location, philosophy, management, etc. Just getting an idea
for where the group mind is at. Boy - it is a long slow process, but I am
excited that we opened a bank account and got a DBA. That was nice - to
hold an official paper in hand. I know we have a long, long, long way to
go, and much to overcome, but that was a nice oasis in the desert, just a
tiny step closer to where we want to be.

Laura