Re: DSM: RE: discussions

From: Msadofsky@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 20:44:11 EDT

Summers at home can be groovy. Summers at a nice beach house can be even
groovier. But for most sudbury school kids, summers are the time when they
are not in the place they most like to be, which happens to be school. We
heard a lot of complaining this year because we were closed Memorial Day.
The last day of school is a very tearful. It sounds sappy, but it happens to
be true. My kids, when they were in school, never wanted it to be closed in
the summer. (It often wasn't.) Now that I only have myself, a tired staff
member, to think of, I am glad to have a few less people to think about in
the summer. I will probably be glad for a week or two.

Mimsy