RE: DSM: RE: discussions

From: Mitch Berg (mitch@usinternet.com)
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:22:05 EDT

> Didn't think I'd ever be contributing to an "inbox-clogging brouhaha," :)
> but here goes:
>
> "Just" playing? Do you mean that, or was that the kind of slip I
> often make
> as well based on my own years of brainwashing?

<mock exasperation>

Y'see, THIS is the reason I try to lurk on this list!

Yes, play is the point, I understand. The "just" meant "simply", not
"merely". And yes, I DO expect you all to be clairvoyant!

</mock exasperation>

> That's not an easy question though. What do your kids want? All I
> can say is
> that I have very fond memories of my long summers at home running
> around the
> neighborhood all day (back in the safe suburbia of the 70's) and wish that
> my kids could have that too. However, even if I could manage it with work,
> summer vacation here in Germany is only 6 weeks and even that I have to
> split with my ex. Good luck with your decision though (if you do have to
> make a decision, that is, and the question is not just theoretical).

Well, since there ARE no sudbury schools in my area, yet, it IS academic.
They'll be with the neighbor, except when I can take days off or they're
with their grandparents (or, when it works out, their mother). Which beats
most of the alternatives, really.

Mitch!