RE: DSM: RE: discussions

From: Mitch Berg (
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 16:22:05 EDT

> Didn't think I'd ever be contributing to an "inbox-clogging brouhaha," :)
> but here goes:
> "Just" playing? Do you mean that, or was that the kind of slip I
> often make
> as well based on my own years of brainwashing?

<mock exasperation>

Y'see, THIS is the reason I try to lurk on this list!

Yes, play is the point, I understand. The "just" meant "simply", not
"merely". And yes, I DO expect you all to be clairvoyant!

</mock exasperation>

> That's not an easy question though. What do your kids want? All I
> can say is
> that I have very fond memories of my long summers at home running
> around the
> neighborhood all day (back in the safe suburbia of the 70's) and wish that
> my kids could have that too. However, even if I could manage it with work,
> summer vacation here in Germany is only 6 weeks and even that I have to
> split with my ex. Good luck with your decision though (if you do have to
> make a decision, that is, and the question is not just theoretical).

Well, since there ARE no sudbury schools in my area, yet, it IS academic.
They'll be with the neighbor, except when I can take days off or they're
with their grandparents (or, when it works out, their mother). Which beats
most of the alternatives, really.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at