RE: DSM: The Sudbury model -- appropriate for all children, yes or no?

From: Joe Jackson (
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 23:32:25 EDT

> Public schools may be the antithesis of Sudbury, but there may be
> other ways to meet the needs of children who do not do well in either
> situation. Certainly Sudbury is an ideal situation for many children.

Well, as I keep trying to say, we have not encountered a student that cannot
do well in our school for reasons other than substantial disabilites that
would make any environment without close supervision dangerous.

So I think we are, at best, theorizing for the benefit of a razor-thin
segment of society here. Unless you really just *want* to start a school
which fits this "in-between" definition, in which case it matters not how it
is justified.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at