RE: DSM: The Sudbury model -- appropriate for all children, yes or no?

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Wed May 30 2001 - 23:32:25 EDT

> Public schools may be the antithesis of Sudbury, but there may be
> other ways to meet the needs of children who do not do well in either
> situation. Certainly Sudbury is an ideal situation for many children.

Well, as I keep trying to say, we have not encountered a student that cannot
do well in our school for reasons other than substantial disabilites that
would make any environment without close supervision dangerous.

So I think we are, at best, theorizing for the benefit of a razor-thin
segment of society here. Unless you really just *want* to start a school
which fits this "in-between" definition, in which case it matters not how it
is justified.

-Joe