Re: DSM: troubles at PacVillage

Date: Mon May 28 2001 - 17:10:34 EDT

Dear William,

Thank you for your wonderful post.

You write "SVS is an ideal situation" and if students can't make it they are
dismissed back to the "pit of the public schools".

And I would suggest that Sudbury may simply be viewed as something else, and
not this great goodness in relation to some "pit". And then Sudbury,
unburdoned by the baggage of goodness, and with no need to defend, can
plainly be on the side of each and every child. If a child comes and finds it
useful and makes it "good" for themselves, then that's great. And for those
children that find it wanting, then we also wish them well as they leave,
trusting also that they saw things true for themselves, and trusting that
they may well find their "goodness" elsewhere.

Warm Regards,
Bill Richardson

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at