RE: DSM: troubles at PacVillage

From: Liz Reid&Errol Strelnikoff (lizanderrol@home.com)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 20:59:12 EDT

> culture. Having
> said that, I believe the hard boundaries that an experienced SM school
> culture uses to protect the school and individuals in it offer a far
> *better* chance for destructive individuals to come to take
> responsibility
> for themselves than cultures that feed them with therapeutic or
> quasi-therapeutic measures.

This is just so subjective as to be meaningless.

All kids are different and all therapists are different. To make
generalisations like the one above cheapens the value of Sudbury
schools. Systems or methods are only of limited value in the lives of
children.

Of course there are some pretty awful excuses for people practicing as
therapists, but you know what they say, counterfeit coins are only
accepted because real gold exists.

Liz