RE: DSM: Re: Paradigm reading

From: Diablo Valley School (dvschool@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 12:46:14 EDT

Dear Bill,

Here's two more that are on my list:

Polly Berrien-Berends WHOLE
CHILD, WHOLE PARE NT

Krishnamurti
LETTERS TO THE SCHOOLS

Enjoy! Amy at DVS

To: discuss-sudbury-model@sudval.org

Sent: 05/22/01 4:05:50 PM

Subject: DSM: Re: Paradigm reading

Dear Folks,

Sudbury may be a paradigm shift. I am going to read anyone anywhere, who
even

remotely suggests this paradigm shift. I ask your help. I would be deeply

grateful if you would tell me the authors and books that resonate with you,

the ones that inform your vision and understanding of Sudbury. I will read

them all. (And yes, David, please tell me the essential Rand).

My list of keeper authors, that in some vague way outline the discourse on

both sides of this paradigm shift, are listed below. My best understanding,

at the moment, is that Sudbury is operating from a new
paradigm.

  Stanley
Aronowitz
SCIENCE AS POWER

  Virginia
Axiline PLAY
THERAPY

  Brad
Blanton RADICAL
HONESTY

  Bowles and
Gintes
SCHOOLING IN CAPITOLIST AMERICA

  John
Bowlby
ATTACHMENT

  Beverly
Bos
TOGETHER WE'RE BETTER

  Jere
Brophy
MOTIVATING STUDENTS TO LEARN

  Pema
Choldron
THE WISDOM OF NO EXIT

  Robert
Coles THE
MORAL INTELLIGENCE OF CHILDREN

  David
Cooper THE
DEATH OF THE FAMILY

  Rudolf
Dreikurs
CHILDREN THE CALLENGE

  Riane
Eisler THE
CHALICE AND THE BLADE

  David
Elkind THE
HURRIED CHILD

  Erick
Erickson CHILDHOOD
AND SOCIETY

  Faber and
Mazlish
LIBERATED PARENTS LIBERATED CHILDREN

  Robert
Firestone THE
FANTASY BOND

  Michel
Foucault
THE ARCHEOLOGY OF KNOWLEDGE

  Howard
Gardner
MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCES

  Eugene
Gendlin
FOCUSING

  Hiam
Genot PARENT
AND CHILD

  Magda
Gerber CARING
FOR INFANTS WITH RESPECT

  Daniel
Greenburg THE
KINGDOM OF CHILDHOOD

  Hanna
Greenberg
THE ART OF DOING NOTHING

  Steven
Harrison
DOING NOTHING

  John
Hart
GOING SANE

  William
Hinton FANSHEN

  Dee
Hock THE
BIRTH OF THE CHAORDIC AGE

  John
Holt
ESCAPE FROM CHILDHOOD

  Arthur
Janov
THE FEELING
CHILD

  Sydney
Jourard
THE TRASPARENT SELF

  Alfie
Kohn
PUNISHED BY REWARDS

  Jonathan
Kozol
SAVAGE INEQUALITIES

  Thomas
Kuhn THE
STRUCTURE OF SCIENTIFIC REVOLUTIONS

  R. D.
Laing POLITICS
OF THE FAMILY

  Jess
Lair I
AIN'T MUCH BABY, BUT I'M ALL I'VE GOT

  Eda
LeShan
I WANT MORE OF EVERTHING

  Stephen
Levine
HEALING INTO LIFE AND DEATH

  Rollo
May
MAN'S SEARCH FOR HIMSELF

  Alice
Miller THE
DRAMA OF THE GIFTED CHILD

  A. S.
Neill
SUMMERHILL

  Vivian Gussin
Paley THE BOY WHO
WOULD BE A HELICOPTER

  Catherine
Ponder
OPEN YOUR MIND TO PROSPERITY

  Carl
Rogers
ON BECOMING A
PERSON

  Mimsy
Sadofsky THE
KINGDOM OF CHILDHOOD

  Virginia
Satir NEW
PEOPLE MAKING

  William
Sears
NIGHTTIME PARENTING

  Ricardo
Semler MAVERICK

  Shunryu
Suzuki
ZEN MIND, BEGINNERS MIND

  Neale
Walsch CONVERSATIONS
WITH GOD

  John
Wellwood JOURNEY OF
THE HEART

  Ann Cornell
Wieser THE POWER OF
FOCUSING

Deep Regard,

Bill Richardson

majordomo@sudval.org with the
following phrase in the BODY (not the

subject) of the message:

If you are interested in the subject, but the volume of mail sent is too
much,

you may wish to consider unsubscribing from this list and subscribing

--- Diablo Valley School

--- dvschool@earthlink.net

--- Visit our website at www.dvschool.org