Re: DSM: Re: Paradigm reading

Date: Wed May 23 2001 - 06:44:55 EDT

I am new to the SVS model and concept but I love it. The book I would suggest
to anyone looking for "new & different" ways is "Cultural Creatives" by Paul
H. Ray, Ph.D. and Sherry Ruth Anderson, Ph.D. They also have a site

Anyone read it? Thoughts?

It's the best book I have read recently. It's a non-fiction book and while I
was reading the last two chapters, I was on the edge of my seat as if I had
been reading a suspence. An eye opener for me. I think I may have loved the
book so much because it identified the type of person I am: a cultural
creative. Before that, I did not feel like I fit right anywhere. The
philosophy of cultural creatives, no doubt, goes well with the SVS model.

Also an eye opener for me was "The underground history of American education"
by John Taylor Gatto but as SVS fan, it's stuff you probably all know...Also
loved the "Chalice and the Blade" and "Sacred Pleasure" by Riane Eisler.

Again, if some poeple in South Louisiana are interested in starting a SVS
group, please contact at me, or through this group.

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at