Re: DSM:Poetry Thread

From: Sugmapl@aol.com
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 23:14:53 EDT

Dear Folks,

Sudbury
------------

Child: "There are no distinctions between old and young?"
Sudbury: "No"
Sudbury: "And we are right"
Child: "Huh".
Child: "And there are no distinctions between the learner and the teacher"
Sudbury: "No"
Sudbury: "And we are right"
Child: "Huh".
Child: "And there are no notes or judgments, even mental ones, about what I
am or what I may become.
Sudbury: "No"
Sudbury: "And we are right"
Child: "Huh".
Child: "And, you hold no hopes or aspirations or dreams for me"
Sudbury: "No"
Sudbury: "And we are right"
Child: "Huh".
Child: "And you trust me"
Sudbury: "Yes"
Sudbury: "And we are right"
Child: "Huh".

Child: "You know, it appears to me that there is no way on Gods green earth
that anyone could claim that you are wrong, it simply makes no sense to say
that you are wrong. And yet, it also appears to me that saying you are right
adds nothing. Nothing at all. I don't even care if you are right, truly
right. If you will be with me without distinction if I am old or young, if
you will be with me and I can learn and teach, if you will be with me and
never hold the judgments, not even mental ones, about who I am or what I may
become, if you will be with me and have no hopes or dreams or aspirations for
me, and if you will trust me, I won't give a damn if you are right. I will
never give a damn if you are right.

Deep Regard,
Bill Richardson