Re: DSM: troubles at PacVillage

From: Freekids@aol.com
Date: Mon May 21 2001 - 12:24:15 EDT

Hi Brook,

This is Stuart Williams-Ley at Cedarwood Sudbury School in Santa Clara, CA,
responding to your followup question about Pacific Village School:

<< I'm very curious about what sort of trouble
 was troublesome enough to sink the school. >>

I wasn't close enough to the situation to know the details. From what I
gathered when I visited, however, there were five or six students who
repeatedly violated the rights of others or whose actions harmed the school.
Because so many of the students and staff members were new, the school
culture was immature. A majority of the people therefore did not realize the
importance of dealing forcefully with such behavior. I think the school
finally suspended the worst troublemakers in March or April, but by then most
people had decided to move on the following year.