DSM: SM in Ontario

From: CindyK (cindyk@unitz.on.ca)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 14:37:26 EDT

> That changed only in the past week with an announcement of a tax rebate
> system for parents of children who attend independent schools. At the
time
> of the announcement, there was some suggestion that only schools with a
> 'satisfactory' curriculum would qualify. Of course, defining
'satisfactory'
> will present a problem for them. It will be interesting to see how the
> government here reacts to my school, if successful, as there are no other
> Sudbury model schools yet in operation in Ontario. If I'm wrong on this,
> please let me know.
> Warren

Hi Warren!

Cindy Komarechka here from Sudbury, Ontario. I am part of the Sudbury
Liberty School Start-up Group here in Sudbury Ontario. Where are you and do
you have a group?

We were elated when they made that announcement until we heard the
curriculum deal. One of my group members said she heard that the schools
had to be following Harris' provincial curriculum! Nice deal! Anyway - our
biggest roadblock right now is funding. We are looking into foundations to
see if there is anything there. How far are you along in this process?

Good Luck!
CindyK