Re: DSM: kibbutzim

From: Ardeshir Mehta, N.D. (ardeshir@sympatico.ca)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 14:19:50 EDT

Hi there everyone:

Alexander / Michiru Streater wrote (re. kibbutzim):

> Lets get it onto an new thread eh? ;-)

Actually this is not such a bad idea, since my experience of
kibbutz education gives me the feeling that the philosophy of
SVS is not too far removed from them. In any case, I am pretty
sure that at least on *some* types of kibbutzim, like those of
the Kibbutz Ha-Artzi / Ha-Shomer Ha-Tza'ir movement, the
philosophy of the SVS would be, in large part, both welcome
and very, *very* familiar.

I for one see no *fundamental* reason why a change from
a kibbutz school to a Sudbury-type school would be altogether
impossible. On the contrary, I think it could help both the kibbutz
movement as well as the SVS "movement" (in the sense of having
more and more schools of the SVS-type sprout up worldwide.)

If anyone has any ideas on this, let's have them!

Ardeshir <http://homepage.mac.com/ardeshir/education.html>