Re: DSM: And the right answer is. . . there's no paradigm er . . .I think

From: Alexander / Michiru Streater (
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 03:09:26 EDT

Dear Mrs. Ried,

> As in when you want something very much it is often very
> difficult to attain. Your very longing stands in the way of
> actually achieving it. Then when you let go of your desire
> you find that what you wanted is now possible.
> Strange that that should be the case. I wonder how logic
> would explain that one.

You usually get what you want. When you don't, of course
it's because it's difficult. Then you notice that it is difficult
and comment on it.

> I do wonder if the want is sufficient in the child. It
> helps when the environment is good also. And the company.
> Is the environment good at a Sudbury School? How about the
> company? Is it important?

I'm guessing because I don't yet have any direct impiricle evedence.

I'd say though, the company must be very important. To get the
ball rolling, there must be a critcal mass of non-cynical, non-sarcastic
people who treat a spade a spade. children new to the system must
be wary that the system is going to cheat them.

Alexander Streater
Message to fellow teachers:

Children learn in spite of us, not because of us!

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at