Re: DSM: And the right answer is. . . there's no paradigm er . . .I think

From: Alexander / Michiru Streater (uigui@oregano.ocn.ne.jp)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 03:09:26 EDT

Dear Mrs. Ried,

> As in when you want something very much it is often very
> difficult to attain. Your very longing stands in the way of
> actually achieving it. Then when you let go of your desire
> you find that what you wanted is now possible.
>
> Strange that that should be the case. I wonder how logic
> would explain that one.

You usually get what you want. When you don't, of course
it's because it's difficult. Then you notice that it is difficult
and comment on it.

> I do wonder if the want is sufficient in the child. It
> helps when the environment is good also. And the company.
>
> Is the environment good at a Sudbury School? How about the
> company? Is it important?

I'm guessing because I don't yet have any direct impiricle evedence.

I'd say though, the company must be very important. To get the
ball rolling, there must be a critcal mass of non-cynical, non-sarcastic
people who treat a spade a spade. children new to the system must
be wary that the system is going to cheat them.

Alexander Streater