Re: DSM: And the right answer is. . . there's no paradigm er . . .I think

From: Sugmapl@aol.com
Date: Sat May 12 2001 - 17:39:42 EDT

Dear Scott,

Certainly preach if you wish. When I use "preach", I mean speaking to
convince. Actually wanting that the other person see things a certain way.

When Sudbury Valley declines to teach, I believe they actually lose the want
in themselves. Carl Jung said the therapist must not want the client to get
well. In like manner the great staff at Sudbury must not want the child to
learn. Rather it is that each of us knows in our bones that the want is in
the child. And that that want is sufficient.

Deep Regard,
Bill Richardson