DSM: RE: Re: RE: On Hybrid schools . . . Our Trojon Horse?

From: Alan or Laura Gabelsberg (argable@swbell.net)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 19:34:14 EDT

Yes Cindy,

I tend to see your way of thinking. We don't call an apple an orange,
right?. If it's not a Sudbury, then we don't call it one. Makes sense to
me. NO problem there for me. Am I wrong, but is anyone saying otherwise on
that?

I also agree that this is a "Discuss-Sudbury-Model" list. So what are we
talking about here? I've been following along, very interested in this
topic, but I've lost the whole jist of this thread.

I am more interested in discussing why it is the prevailing view that
anything that is NOT a Sudbury cannot succeed. Any thoughts? Why so much
disdain for other alternatives that are at least closer to SVS than
traditional?

Learning more each day,
Laura