Re: DSM: On Hybrid schools . . . Our Trojon Horse?

From: The Booroobin Sudbury School (booroobin@squirrel.com.au)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 06:00:31 EDT

Hi Alexander,
You said:
<Let's get schools "a little" pregnant with a more flexible approach to
education, and see where it leads.>
Who do you mean by asking / suggesting "let us". We don't need to do
anything. Being involved in a Sudbury model school is enough for us. It is
a participatory democracy. Obviously anyone involved in mainstream
education can seek change, and there are many Schools following different
paths. Some of us have sought change, some see it as a pointless cause
knowing the bureaucratic systems that control and oversee such Schools. And
others of us know that doing what we are doing is bringing about changes in
education, by being simply one of the diversity of educational choices. We
have no need (but maybe a wish) to do anything about Schools in general.
Regards, Derek
The Booroobin Sudbury School
http://booroobinschool.squirrel.com.au