Re: DSM: And the right answer is.... you're losing me

From: Ardeshir Mehta, N.D. (
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 16:38:28 EDT

Hi everybody:

Alexander wrote:

> I contend that children are just at the end of the list. They go to school and
> sit at tables essentially because we are larger than they, and wield power.
> Trouble starts when they realize the power we wield is largely an illusion.
> They rise up and assert themselves.
> But I'm losing focus here. ...

Actually, I don't think you are. The point is that what you
have written above really does happen. I remember my own
school days well enough to realise that this was indeed the
case. The adults had all the power, and they *made* me do
what they thought I *should* do. That was over forty years
ago, but most schools perpetuate that attitude to this day.

Best wishes,

 Ardeshir <

If you wish to be removed from this mailing list, please send an email TO with the following phrase in the BODY (not the
subject) of the message:

This mailing list is archived at