RE: DSM: On Hybrid schools . . . Our Trojon Horse?

From: Joe Jackson (shoeless@jazztbone.com)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 13:07:24 EDT

Interesting, but while many things in our world are all gray, there are
still some switches that turn either on or off.

In my book, a school's bylaws indicate either democratic governance or not,
and I'm quite sure the minds of our students grasp *that*.

Freedom? There's a word that's more than a word, but I don't think
"freedom" is really what we're talking about here. SM schooling is
predicated, in large part, on democratic governance; therefore, the
distinction of a hybrid school is not semantic to me. It's either Sudbury
or it's not.

-Joe