Re: DSM: And the right answer is.... was... games

From: Sugmapl@aol.com
Date: Wed May 09 2001 - 23:50:03 EDT

Dear Folks,

Sudbury Parent
-----------------------

We are like the setter in Vollyball
Short, and full of hustle
With those pads on our knees and elbows
And tape on our knuckles
Till our fingers are stiff as sticks
And we squat low, way under the ball,
And caring not to carry,
We, with one quick pop hit the ball
And then, in the instant the ball leaves our fingers
We have our choice
For it is in this instant, in this choice
That we become Sudbury parents
Or not.
For we can either jump ahead to the very next moment
And see the child swooping in high and smashing it
Blasting it, as if on a frozen rope, dead into the far corner
Or we can stay in this moment
We can live our moment, the setters' moment
And see the beauty
In the ball rising

Deep Regard,
Bill Richardson