DSM: RE: DSM Video games

From: Alexander / Michiru Streater (uigui@oregano.ocn.ne.jp)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 13:38:02 EDT

Hi Joe,

> Anyway, our kids watch as much TV as they want. When they were young they
> might have spent an hour or more a day, but then they moved on to better
> things.

You've reminded me of an observation I made as a teen. In my family, we were
rationed 1 approved programme a day + the news.

One of my friend's house holds left the TV on -all- the time.

result: my siblings and I would sit in front of anything, given the chance.

At my friend's house, nobody was even in the TV room.

I've noticed the same in countless families. But in houses where
kids don't bother watching anything, there seems to be one enduring
factor. Parents that take part in their children's lives.

Alexander Streater