DSM: Re: And the right answer is.... was... games

From: CindyK (cindyk@unitz.on.ca)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 09:21:47 EDT

Alexander,

I was rolling on the floor with all your answers of what THEY would think.
It was so outrageous that I couldn't help it. Then it sank in that some
people really do believe that stuff, even if it is outrageous. I didn't
take it as an attack. I took it as a light response to my question. Thanks
for the laugh even if it did end up sad in the end. But then, that's what
I'm here for - to try to change that sadness by creating another way so that
everyone will soon see just how outrageous those reactions really are!

CindyK

> New bug here.
>
> I've been watching this space for some time, though didn't get to see 60m.
> people's reactions are interesting though. So I'd like to use this post as
> the
> point from where I can dive into your riviting discusion.
>
> > I also found it interesting that so many people, myself included,
reacted
> > negatively to the statement the young lady made about SVS being
relaxing.
> > When I first heard her say that on the 60M piece, I thought to myself,
"Oh
> > no, now what are THEY going to think!?"
>
> "
> WHAT?
>
> Relaxing ! I don't believe it! How do they find time to relax?
>
> This is a school for heaven's sake.
>
> Life 'aint so easy you know.
>
> You should be weighed down not only with the books you carry to and from
> school, but the mental burden of exam hell, extra homework, private
tuorials
> and weekly tests to check that you have learned something . . . .
anything.

> Kids these days!!! How will they learn anything?
>
> These new fangled ideas. I don't know!It may be ok for other people's
> kids, but not mine.
>
> and another thing,
>
> you can't get into a decent university unless you study, and study hard.
>
> And don't leave it too late. Parents must begin early, really early.
> Kindagarten
> is leaving it late. Prime 'em and drill 'em from as early as possible.
rant