DSM: re: Sudbury school in Toronto area

From: Jennifer Patterson (jpatterson113@home.com)
Date: Sat May 05 2001 - 21:51:51 EDT

Hi

 I'm new to this list. The reason I've joined is, that last weekend I
watched some of the 60 Minutes on Sudbury Valley Schools and was very
interested.

I have a 3 1/2 year old and am separated. If I had my choice, I would
homeschool my son, but my ex promises to make trouble if I do. So I've
enrolled my son in a Waldorf kindergarten, which is probably fine for now,
but I am a little unsure about the long term. So far, after the program and
doing a little searching on the net, this may be just the thing I've been
looking for. The problem, of course, is that there doesn't seem to be any
schools like Sudbury in my area.
The only Canadian ones seem to be in B.C. and Nova Scotia.

I did see some old posts ( 1 year) and I tried writing to a guy in Toronto
to see if this discussion ever went anywhere, but he has not responded.

So, can anyone tell me whether this might happen or has happened already?
How do I find out more? How do you get a school started? I am very, very
interested!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Patterson