Re: Re: Re: DSM: Re: RE: Family vs. Community

From: MssKolleen@aol.com
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 18:38:24 EDT

>I would be curious as to why Dad has changed his mind,
>and if his motivations for staying put would influence
>your family's decision.

Good question. Although since Dawn has brought up the issue that the
ultimate factor is what the kid wants, I'm not sure if that point is moot.

I supported the family in the beginning, for the first 2 years or so. He
changed his mind after he landed a few clients (sports photographer) and
is afraid he will not get clients in any other part of the country. His
unwillingness to even send a brief or sample pieces makes me realize that
fear is a strong motivator.

NYC is a great place. I personally feel its no place to raise a child.
The air quality, crime stats and lack of nature really make me cringe
about going back.

But again, thats MY opinion.. heh.. i could be totally wrong here.

-K