Re: DSM: Family vs. Community

From: Allan Saugstad (asaugstad@vsb.bc.ca)
Date: Tue May 01 2001 - 11:19:57 EDT

Kolleen,

I wish you well. Life can take strange turns.

I believe that the best thing one can do for ones' child is look after oneself.
I know that if I feel cared for, if I feel part of a community, if I feel
respected and accepted for who I am, I am happy. When I am stable and happy, my
children will thrive, no matter what educational setting they are in. So, I
guess my advice is to look at yourself; how do you feel? Do you feel connected
and supported where you are now? Can you find or create "family" in your new
life? It's a big, tough question.

Look after yourself and best wishes!

Allan