DSM: The Show

From: JerryAERO@aol.com
Date: Sun Apr 29 2001 - 20:11:44 EDT

I think it was as good as you could expect from 60 Minutes. Certainly people
looking for something with a learner-centered philosophy will now know that
such a thing exists. I discovered that people are good at reading between the
lines when I was on national TV as an advocate for homeschooling and lined up
against some establishment people.

On the other hand, I don't think the segment will change the minds of the
people who are traditionally oriented. A few more lines might have done that
trick, for example, by not implying that SVS graduates don't get into "good"
universities or even go to college.

Nevertheless it was a very important event, I think. Just remember how
important the publication of Summerhill was in 1960, and this has certainly
reached more people than that. Mentioning that people around the country are
replicating SVS was very powerful.

Congratulation SVS!

Jerry Mintz
Alternative education resource Organization
www.educationrevolution.org