Re: DSM: 1st meeting advice?

From: Allan Saugstad (asaugstad@vsb.bc.ca)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 19:10:11 EDT

Laura,

Here's some more advice I just thought of.

For our visioning meetings thus far, we have used a process called Open Space
Technology. You can find resources on this on the web at www.chriscorrigan.com.
This is my friend Chris' website, and he uses Open Space professionally to
facilitate all kinds of meetings, including those between First Nation and
government groups. He and his family are also part of our group trying to start
this learning centre.

It is a process of creating open and thoughtful dialague at meetings. Basically
everyone sits in a circle with no tables and everyone gets an opportunity to
speak about what is meaningful to them. It has really empowered many of us and
been a big help in helping shape our direction.

Allan