RE: DSM: 1st meeting advice?

From: Alan or Laura Gabelsberg (argable@swbell.net)
Date: Fri Apr 20 2001 - 12:39:17 EDT

Thanks Allan and Robin. I think I've missed some messages from the list. I
didn't even see my own message posted from this topic and these two messages
did not come separately as they normally come. Oh well. Anyway....

You are both way ahead of me then!!! I don't even have a group that
understands the philosophy (yet!!) I hope after the meeting in May I'll
have enough contacts to put together a group that will form a core group who
will study the philosophy. I am basically flying solo at the moment.
Taking one tiny step at a time here.

I am thinking of providing some kind of packet of information - book lists,
web sites, a few articles photocopied from different sources that might be
helpful. Any thoughts on that?
I have definitely been aware of the two camps you refer to, Allan. I have
run into that myself. I've met a lot of former teachers (like myself), who
don't want to send their kids to public school, but really feel most private
schools are overrated. I would be very interested to hear or see your
vision statement. You can send that to me privately if you wish or share it
on the list, whichever you feel comfortable with. Thank you for that.I
would also like to hear back from you after your April meeting. Best of
luck to you.....

Laura