DSM: 1st meeting advice?

From: Alan or Laura Gabelsberg (argable@swbell.net)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 15:32:04 EDT

Hi all. Laura here. I am in the process of planning my first "information"
meeting of people interested in forming a founding group to start a new
Sudbury school in Houston and I thought now would be a good time to see what
advice you folks on the list might have along those lines.
So far I am viewing the purpose of this meeting as pretty informal - the
purpose being to meet, to network, and to determine the level of interest in
forming a founding group, and lastly to decide what steps may need to be
taken next.
I plan to talk very simply about what I know of the SVS model and what may
be involved in forming a founding group. I also thought about opening up the
meeting agenda for ideas from the participants if there is enough time, or
maybe just a Q & A session.
I am open to hearing any suggestions anyone may have on how to run an
effective FIRST meeting like this (or how NOT to run one!) The meeting is
planned for May 19th and so far I think it will have a good turn out. The
local ads I have placed don't come out until May 1st and I already have
appx. 20-30 coming just from word of mouth. So it may be a fairly large
group of people if the ads bring out a good response as well.
Thanks in advance for any tips or thoughts on this subject.

Laura Gabelsberg
Citizens for Enlightened Education